Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Too hot in my house!

I try to keep the fire burning and the house warm. We have a little bit of oil but I am hoping that we do not use very much of it. It was snowing all day today, so I decided to bake some cookies. I was really excited to try this recipe that my mom found. It is an old family recipe that was lost. I have very fond memories of these cookies from when I was growing up. (who doesn't have fond memories of cookies)? Mostly in Wisconsin. They are Dutch sugar cakes. So I baked them and they are not what I remembered. Either I did something wrong or they are not the same recipe. I remember them being more puffy or full in the middle and mine are so fragile that they fall apart when you pick them up. This is not stopping anybody from eating them. They still taste good. Anyways my indoor thermometer says that my upstairs was at 82 degrees. We were sweating up a storm. I didn't even have a very big fire going today. I wonder if the snow creates extra insulation? Oh well I think I maybe sleeping with the window open tonight because I am used to sleeping cold, and it is only down to 79 degrees. At least the furnace is not coming on. I guess sometimes you just can't win. The Seminary kids will be happy because they won't be so cold tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will be able to stay awake.

No comments: