Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Keith & Kiley

Ok, so last night I was upstairs reading a book and minding my own bee's wax when I overheard a conversation between Kiley and Keith that made me chuckle.

Let me begin with some background info. Kiley is now 16 and is technically old enough to date according to church standards. I did inform Kiley right before she turned 16 that even though she is old enough to date she still has to ask us if she can, and of course give us all of the details.

I guess Kiley is Im ing with a friend when I hear< "Hey dad ____ (name with held) just asked if I could go on a date with him this Friday is that ok?" Then I hear from Keith " no, we have something going on this weekend." Kiley then asks " What do we have going on?" Keith in a rather loud voice " I don't remember, we just have something going on!" Kiley, "You don't have to yell dad, I'm right here."

I was laughing so hard! I think that Kiley figured out that she can pretty much get what she wants when she asks Keith, but I guess not when it comes to dating. It will be interesting to see what we have coming up this weekend.

Sorry Kiley for laughing about this but you will understand when you are a parent.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

SOOOO funny it makes me laugh!!!I'm literally rolling right now...thakns BEck..needed that!

Rachel said...

That is so funny! I can totally picture it too. Keith cracks me up.