Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Family Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

My sister Jess called and asked me for this recipe and I keep forgetting to give it to her. My mother - in - law gave me this recipe and it has been our favorite ever since. The cookies stay soft, they taste good and they are easy to roll out. I decided to put it on the blog because then I won't loose it. Enjoy!
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla

Cream those ingredients together and then add your dry ingredients

2 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
5 cups of flour (add extra flour if you need it to make workable)

Mix your dough together. Roll out and cut into your favorite shapes.
Bake at 400 for 6 - 8 minutes adjust the time as needed.

I also use butter and pure vanilla because that really adds to the taste.

Jess, I am sorry it took me so long to get you this recipe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These sound amazing! I'm going to have to make some of these this weekend:) I also need the amazing salsa recipe?!? I'm still obsessed:)

Jessica said...

Becks...FINALLY!!! j/k:) thanks!Jackson will be so happy as will I when I eat them suckers!