Friday, September 5, 2008

labor day

We spent Labor day over at my mom and dad's house. They had tickets through Newburgh ward for a Renegades game. We were able to eat dinner and watch the game. During the game a guy came around and asked if anyone wanted to throw tennis balls into a hula hoop. Danny wanted to so grandpa gave him the money to buy the balls. The Renegades played the Staten Island Yankees. The Yankees were winning by a lot, 6-1. The Renegades scored 2 more runs in the 9th inning when I took a bathroom break, someone said they should of had me leave sooner. Anyway my family are not big baseball fans and we were thinking of going home early but, I wanted to see the fireworks and I didn't want to waste dad's $5. The fireworks were much better than we expected. They told all the people with Tennis balls to go to either dug out, They showed them were the hula hoops were and then told them to throw the balls. Whoever had a ball in a hoop would get a prize. Sounds easy, right? Well there were balls bouncing all over the place, and then they called out all of the names and Danny had gotten 2 in. So he wona $25 gift card to the Renegades shop were he picked out a nice long sleeve t-shirt. Thanks dad, I guess it wasn't a waste of money this time. All in all we had a good day, because we went swimming earlier and spent itme with our family!

No comments: